Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why are all dates selected by my date picker?

Hi,

I have constructed a date picker by having two calendar objects. The first sets vSearchDateStart and the other vSearchDateEnd. These two date pickers then do selections to the field Created1_TASK. This is done by triggers as such (showing triggers for the datepicker for vSearchDateEnd):

1. Set Variable vSearchDateStart: (this is a check to see that the end-date is not before the start-date)

=If(vSearchDateStart > vSearchDateEnd, vSearchDateEnd, vSearchDateStart)

2. Select in Field Created1_TASK:

='<=' & date(vSearchDateEnd) & '>=' & date(vSearchDateStart)

All works very well except when I select a date that is earlier than vSearchDateStart. If I do so then all dates in Created1_TASK are selected. This does not occur if I select the same value as in vSearchDateStart.

I guess there is something wrong with the logic in the Set variable but I can't figure out what.

Can anyone spot the problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I managed to fix this myself. The problem seems to be that even though the Set Variable-trigger is before the Select in Field-trigger, the Select in Field-trigger still uses the old variable value. I solved it by adding an IF-condition to the Select in Field-trigger, see below (note new variable names):

=if(vDateTaskCreatedStart > vDateTaskCreatedEnd, '>=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedEnd) &'<=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedEnd),'>=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedStart) &'<=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedEnd))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I managed to fix this myself. The problem seems to be that even though the Set Variable-trigger is before the Select in Field-trigger, the Select in Field-trigger still uses the old variable value. I solved it by adding an IF-condition to the Select in Field-trigger, see below (note new variable names):

=if(vDateTaskCreatedStart > vDateTaskCreatedEnd, '>=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedEnd) &'<=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedEnd),'>=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedStart) &'<=' & date(vDateTaskCreatedEnd))