Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Why chart A take very long to display then chart B ?

Hi All

I have chart A & B , Both are quite similar .

But my chart A take very long to time to display compare with chart B.

Hope some one can share with me how to make chart A display faster. ( In my actual app it take 4 min to load )

Remark 1 :- Enclosed i use only small simple data.

Remark 2 :- This slow loading only happen when first time load , second time it will be fast. 

Paul

3 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

My QVW

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Paul,

Your QlikView app is a little hard to understand but I think the difference in performance is caused by the difference in type of fields used for the Brand view and the Segment view. The Segment view uses the key field SEGMENT. This fields exists in two tables. QlikView has to evaluate both occurrences. The Brand view uses field BRAND_ that exists in only one table (the Sales table) and will therefore be evaluated much faster.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Michiel

Thank you for your reply.

I notice that the chart A & B the different are the expression for chart A very complicated :-

sum({$<year = {"<=$(=max(year)) >=$(=max(year)-12)"}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>}

$(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89))

/

sum({$<year = {"<=$(=max(year)) >=$(=max(year)-12)"}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>}

TOTAL <$(ColumnDim_p)

> $(ColumnDim51)/$(Columndim89))

Hope some one can help me modify the expression for chart A expression more simple :-

I think the chart A will plot very fast.

As i notice that Expression for chart B :-

sum(sales)

which can plot very fast.

Paul