Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does a field take too long to refresh?

Hi Everyone,

I am having a field(Catalog) which is a dimension taken in a cyclic group which when selected to display values is taking too long to refresh. The other dimensions(fields) are working fine in displaying the values.

The Dimension and Expressions are just plain field names without any computations.

16 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

uday p wrote:

One more thing which I forgot to mention earlier is that this particular field is also showing only one value in the expression fields. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Depending on the actual expression this could mean that the dimension is not properly associated with the fact table. In the worst case, this means that QV is forced to do cartesian join on the fact and the dimension. With the size of your dimension and fact that would take a long time.

This is a data model problem and the constant expression value and the slow calculation are likely to have come from the same problem.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You are getting the same values in all the rows, I think the values are not joined, once again check whether the tables are joined properly with the right keys and both the tables has matching keys.  This type of issues will be occur only if tables are not linked.

Regards,

Jagan.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

I guess linkage is missed. Please cross check once again.

Can you pls attach the sample file to fix the issue quickly?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am working on what Jagan and Jonnathan has said, It is a bit complicated with so many fields and data to replicate the issue. When I take the fields in separate list boxes and make the selections, the data is showing fine. That is the field(Catalog) is giving me individual values, instead of a single value.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Uday,

That is better way truely. Hopefully you can resolve the issue asap. Please update if you resolve the issue. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I will surely post the steps followed if it gets resolved. Thanks for all the help.

john9inno
Creator
Creator

I might consider to bring catalogue field in MARA into VBRP by using applymap.

VBRP and MARA are n:1 condition in standard SAP.

take Cataogue into VBRP that would get you result quicker.