Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II

Why isn't my data showing up in Table View?

I'm missing a table in table view.

This is code I copied and pasted from a different document and I delete some stuff that I didn't need in this new document. But it loads fine. Does the fact that it's SQL make it not show up in Table View?

Cactus: SQL

SELECT "Last Name" = p.LASTNAME, "First Name" = FIRSTNAME,

ProviderID = REPLACE(LTRIM(REPLACE(RTRIM(P.ID), '0', ' ')), ' ', '0'),

FullName = RTRIM(P.LONGNAME),

FromDate = convert(varchar,EA.PRESENTDATE_FROM,101), Status = STAT.[DESCRIPTION],

Category = CATE.[DESCRIPTION], Specialty = SPEC.description, Suspension = SUSP.[DESCRIPTION],

FROM VISUALCACTUS.VISUALCACTUS.PROVIDERS P

Thank you,

Margaret

12 Replies
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That log file is great. It ended before it got to the tab in which I had the Cactus database script.

So I pasted that script into the previous tab with the spreadsheet script. Reload said couldn't connect. So I re-did the Connect statement (which I had tried when it was in the other tab) and it worked:

Medical staff.2 282 lines fetched

Connecting to Cactus

Connected

Cactus << PROVIDERS 2,168 lines fetched

Is there any reason it would just ignore another tab in the script?

Is there any reason why a previous connect statement would stop working? This is the new one, which looks just like the old one, except the encryption is different:

ODBC CONNECT TO Cactus (XUserId is HONOYBFMDDdKXZJIJKcA, XPassword is DADSMCNGDLaISUBGOTRA);

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, there isn't any reason because all script tabs are part of a single long script cut into pieces. They are executed sequentially in the order they appear in the tab row.

However, there are cases where invisible characters coukld cause unexplained anomalies, like the one you are describing. And you did about the only thing that can be done in such a case without spending too much time chasing ghosts: start over again from a clean (or a previous) tab.

So drop the empty tab that causes problems, put the cursor on the previous tab immediately in front of the block of statements you moved, select Tab->Insert Tab at Cursor and reload again. Does it work?

Best,

Peter

Margaret
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes! Thank you thank you thank you.

I learned a lot!