Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why my variables do not update charts? Qlik Sense

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem with my Bar chart in Qlik Sense. I have 2 dimensions (Line of Service, and Staff Level where each of 4 Lines of Service has 4 Staff Levels). So my bar chart has 4 sections each of them is comprised of 4 bars, and I count a certain metric. What I am trying to do is have a button with one of the extensions (I tried a few) where based on the value of this button (1 or 0), I can either eliminate the second dimension by replacing it with '-' (this will allow to calculate overall metric for entire Line of Service) or display a detailed view as described above.

So my formula for second dimension is something like this: if(vButton = 1, '-', B_Staff_Level)

I checked with Table that as I click the button, the value of the variable changes, however the Chart does not change... Please help me..

If I do the same with filter, it works fine; just load in a separate table not linked to any other table with 1 and 0 as rows and update chart based on their value. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use $(vChartButton1) instead of vChartButton1:

if($(vChartButton1) = 1, 'Average', [Staff Level])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post an example app that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for replying! Please see attached a simplified dashboard and 2 extensions I tried.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use $(vChartButton1) instead of vChartButton1:

if($(vChartButton1) = 1, 'Average', [Staff Level])

Not applicable
Author

I don't know what to say, you are a lifesaver! I am surprised that no $ works for Table but not for Graph, I guess that threw me off. Thanks a million