Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Why need to compute by if XXX >1,1 then compute the sales / target ?

Hi All

Recently i notice that some of the QV expert when they try to compute sales vs target , i notice they alway use the below expression :-

(if((

Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}sales/1000/Rate)

/

Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}sales_target/1000/Rate)

)

>1,1,

(

Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}sales/1000/Rate)

/

Sum({$<year = {$(=Max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=Max({<year={$(=Max(year))}, sales = {'*'}>} month))"}>}sales_target/1000/Rate)

)))

All the while i am using below appraoch :-

sum({$<year = {$(=max(year))}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>} sales/Rate/1000)

/

sum({$<year = {$(=max(year)-0)}, month = {"<=$(=max({<year={$(=max(year))}>} month))"}>}sales_target/Rate/1000)

I Do notice the different of above 2 expression , mine is able to see the sales vs target actual % , but the first appraoch is stop at 100%.

May i know in what situation need to apply if ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Yes, if we need the original % value, then we don't want to apply 'if' statement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Regarding the 1st expression, if we don't want to see more than 100% we can apply the if statement.

It is forcefully / manually make it as 100% when the Sales vs Target >100.

if(Sales vs Target > 100% then Make it as 100% (some of them don't want to see more than 100%),

else the normal calculation.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you very much for your clarify.

So can I said if I compute table to display target achievement . I should not apply if .

For plot % chart then I need to use if to limit 100%. Right ?

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Yes, if we need the original % value, then we don't want to apply 'if' statement.