Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why the difference between dev environment and live view?

Hi

I'm very new to Qlikview & need some pointers as to where to look to solve my problem.

I altered a qvw file to change one dimension in a pivot chart from a single field ([Member Name]) to a concatenation of 2 fields ([Member Name] & ' ' & [Member Code]). This worked fine in the editor, so I saved the qvw to make the changes visible in the viewer - unfortunately, the column disappeared completely for the users.

In case it's important, I actually created a new dimension & removed the original, though I have compared all the settings for the dimensions higher in the hierarchy & can see no differences.

So, it looks fine in the qvw editor, but in our viewer, the field is missing, in fact the expressions that hang off the dimensions look to have shuffled left to fill the column that the original field occupied.

I have looked for visibility conditions but can't find any, I'm assuming the default is that a column is visible, but I don't really know where to look.

Is there something else I need to do other than saving the qvw for the changes to become visible that I have not done?

Is there a definition of the hierarchy elsewhere than in the definition of the pivot chart which is not necessary in the dev environment but is needed in the viewer so they are out of line?

Any hints gratefully accepted - it all looks right, but obviously it isn't.

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

There should be no such difference between the Desktop and the Ajax client (web view). So, you need to supply more information, e.g. post a file.

HIC

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What version of QV is your server? I recall some earlier AJAX/Pivot table bugs like this, possibly #67629 fixed on SR7.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Apologies for not acknowledging sooner - I haven't had chance to look at it again until now.

That's what I thought - not sure about posting the file, it is 2Gb as all the data is stored in there (& there are probably data sensitivity reasons I shouldn't post it as well as size).

For some reason the problem went away without me doing anything - I'm blaming caching issues for now.

Regards, Stewart

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Apologies for not acknowledging sooner - I haven't had chance to look at it again until now.

It took me a while to find it, but we're on SR6.  At least I learned things whilst looking!

For some reason the problem went away without me doing anything - I'm blaming caching issues for now.

Regards, Stewart