Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NenadV
Creator
Creator

Why there are no colors in legends in only some tables and with only some selections made?

We use QlikView May 2021 and that was working as expected before that in al instances. It looks to me like a bug!

It is even more strange that colors appear for one year and for another.

2022-12-23_15-21-07 no color.png2022-12-23_15-18-53.png

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

It looks like May 2022 does not take the colors settings when if statement is used in the expression Background Color property. For example, I had this for years and it worked well, if(PeriodYear = '$(vPeriodYearHide1)', rgb(221, 237, 173)). In this case, as I stated at the beginning, all previous versions were reading the Colors settings for respective expression when the condition was not satisfied.

Now, I have to add the "else" part and then it works okay. If you ask me this is a workaround and therefore it's a bug as it worked fine before as explained in the first paragraph. For example: if(PeriodYear = '$(vPeriodYearHide1)', rgb(221, 237, 173), rgb(187, 216, 84))

@Marc thanks for the advice on how to try to find a fix for it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
West69
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes, I am still figuring out this.
HISD Connect Parent Portal

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

I am sorry, but what screens you are talking about? I wrote it's about QlikView May 2022. Thanks

marcus_sommer

With fixed colors - chosen from the color-palette - it shouldn't happens. But if there are color-expressions used it might be that they are invalid or returning NULL for this chart respectively the combination of the chart + selections + variable-values. Within a normal chart it would be hard to detect what the cause - therefore make a copy of it and change it to a table-chart and put the color-expressions (completely and partly) as extra expression to see what worked and what didn't.

NenadV
Creator
Creator
Author

It looks like May 2022 does not take the colors settings when if statement is used in the expression Background Color property. For example, I had this for years and it worked well, if(PeriodYear = '$(vPeriodYearHide1)', rgb(221, 237, 173)). In this case, as I stated at the beginning, all previous versions were reading the Colors settings for respective expression when the condition was not satisfied.

Now, I have to add the "else" part and then it works okay. If you ask me this is a workaround and therefore it's a bug as it worked fine before as explained in the first paragraph. For example: if(PeriodYear = '$(vPeriodYearHide1)', rgb(221, 237, 173), rgb(187, 216, 84))

@Marc thanks for the advice on how to try to find a fix for it.