Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working Out % by Month

Hi Everyone,

I am struggling to calculate my % on my report.

I attach a test qvw with my calculations.

The % results should be as follows from Jan - Dec. 

54.8%Jan
87.2%Feb
90.2%Mar
82.7%Apr
87.3%May
89.0%Jun
88.3%Jul
88.6%Aug
87.7%Sep
83.5%Oct
85.8%Nov
86.7%Dec

Basically the calculation should be the count of 4 & 5 results divided into the count of ID by Month and shown as a %.

I thought a test qvw would help to explain what I am trying to achieve.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Wendy

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

So I guess the Numerator (your first expression isn't counting correctly, right?

sunny_talwar

I took a extract out from your data and filtered on 4 and 5 results. The filtered row were 189 out of total of 337 and 189/337 = 56.08%

Capture.PNG

Would you be able to explain how you are getting the numbers you posted above?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny,

You are correct.  I think I have been looking at this issue so long I have got myself muddled.

What I really need to do now is instead of the ID count, I need to count all the results which will give me the % I am looking for.  Please see below.

Results 4 & 5Result%Month
19022883%Jan
25929787%Feb
26629590%Mar
18622583%Apr
22726087%May
21123789%Jun
21924888%Jul
20222889%Aug
18521188%Sep
23227883%Oct
20624086%Nov
789087%Dec

It's the sum on the Result I am struggling with if you could help with that calculation I would appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Wendy

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Count({<Result = {4, 5}>} Result) /Count(Result)

or

Count({<Result = {4, 5}>} ID) /Count({<Result = {'*'}>}ID)

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you.

Your a Star.  That works.

Kind Regards

Wendy

sunny_talwar

Super. I would request you to please close the thread by marking correct and helpful response.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I would really like to mark this as correct but I am struggling to do so. When I click on Actions I only get helpful.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but you have been so helpful I would like to acknowledge that.  I will get the hang of this eventually.

Wendy

sunny_talwar

Wendy -

This might be a browser issue. If possible, try to check if you see the option to mark correct answer on another browser. This might take some extra effort for you to do this, but this will help people in the future who might have similar issue and land up on this thread to find the correct and helpful answers.

Thanks,

Sunny