Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working with WHERE statements in QV load script

Good afternoon all,

I have created a new QV doc but uploading five separte spreadsheets...so far so good.

I created three separate expression in the doc to generate the desired results:

• Has Active CDs:

=IF(([Has Active CDs]='Y'),1,0)

• Has Merged Reports:

=IF(([Bank Status]='Failed' or [Bank Status]='Merged') AND ([Merged Reports]='N'))

• Has Over $1,000,000.00:

=IF(([Bank Status]='Failed' or [Bank Status]='Merged') AND ([Recip Balance]>=1000000))

Each worked and generated the expected number of records each:

respectively. But I wanted to concatenate these results to get a total list of 1589 records.

I did not understand that QV would apply each of these expressions as a filter, drilling down to the number of records that met all three requiremenst (four records); rather than concatenating them.

So I thought that maybe I could do this in the load script. So I added the following to the end of the script:

WHERE ([Has Active CDs]='Y')

OR (([Bank Status]='Failed' OR [Bank Status]='Merged') AND ([Merged Reports]='N'))

OR (([Bank Status]='Failed' OR [Bank Status]='Merged') AND ([Recip Balance]>='1000000'));

I quickly learned that, that would not work. I am loading six separate spreadsheets and the expression seems to only run against the document loaded immediately before it in the script.

I tested this by loading the WHERE ([Has Active CDs]='Y') portion after the spreasheet containing that column. This worked fine generating the expected 1558 records.

But the other two expressions are a problem for me as they each compare columns in two separate spreadsheets.

So, how do I do that?

Following is the current script, complete with the where statement above:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Directory;
LOAD [Bank ID],
     if(WildMatch([Bank Status],'Active','Failed','Merged'),[Bank Status]) AS [Bank Status]
FROM
[GL Compliance Report (2770).xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is REPORT_2770);

Directory;
LOAD [Institution ID] as [Bank ID],
     Status as [Status-2790],
     Territory as [Territory-2790]
FROM
[CDARS Merged Banks Report (2790).xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is REPORT_2790);

Directory;
LOAD [Prom ID] as [Bank ID], 
     [PIN Rating],
     [Capital Category],
     Num([Recip Balance],0.00) as [Recip Balance]
FROM
[SLX Query.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [CDARS Banks w Balance]);

Directory;
LOAD IF([Assigned Caller]='ZebraFish',[Assigned Caller]) as [Assigned Caller],
     [Inst ID] as [Bank ID],
     IF([Disagreed in Error (Y)]='ZebraFish',[Disagreed in Error (Y)]) as [Disagreed in Error (Y)],
     [User ID] as [Last Qtr Conf],
     IF([Last Qtr Conf]='ZebraFish',[Last Qtr Conf]) as [User ID],
     IF(Notes='ZebraFish',Notes) as [Notes]
FROM
[CAQ.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is owssvr);

Directory;
LOAD [Institution ID] as [Bank ID],
     [Institution Name],
     Territory,
     [Confirmation Status],
     [Has Active CDs]
FROM
[CDARS Confirmation and Assurance Activity Report (2700).xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is REPORT_2700)
WHERE ([Has Active CDs]='Y');

Directory;
LOAD Losing as [Bank ID],
     [Merged Reports?] as [Merged Reports],
     Winning
FROM
[CDARS_BNY Merged Banks Report (0450).xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is REPORT_0450);

I have also bolded the spreadsheets that need to be compared in the following two statements:

• WHERE (([Bank Status]='Failed' OR [Bank Status]='Merged') AND ([Merged Reports]='N'))
  • The above compares columns from the 2770 report and the 0450 report

• WHERE (([Bank Status]='Failed' OR [Bank Status]='Merged') AND ([Recip Balance]>='1000000'))
  • The above compares columns from the 2770 report and the SLX report

Any thoughts on how I can do this and end up loading the desired 1589 records into my QV doc?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to do this in the script you have to create a table with all the fields you want to use in the where clause. A where clause is added to a load block and a load can only process one table. You'll have to use join and/or concatenate to create a table that contains all the fields you want the where clause to work on.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to do this in the script you have to create a table with all the fields you want to use in the where clause. A where clause is added to a load block and a load can only process one table. You'll have to use join and/or concatenate to create a table that contains all the fields you want the where clause to work on.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

That did the trick.

I used a left-join to merge everything into one table and them applied my WHERE statement.

Looks like I am good to go.

Thanks!
Steve