Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
data_RN
Creator
Creator

Wrap label in axis header

Hello All, 

I have a graph with really long headers that are from a calculated Dimension that uses a combo of two dimensions.  I have figured out how to truncate them so that they aren't flowing in the graph, but I can't seem to figure out how to wrap them into two lines.

Here is my calculated dimension: 

=([Program]& (' ('&[Stage]&')'))

I found one solution in a previous post with using this: 

=If(Len(Name) > 15, Left(Name,FindOneOf(Name,' ',3)-1) & Chr(13) & Mid(Name,FindOneOf(Name,' ',3)+1) ,Name)

But I can't get it to work with one dimension, never mind my combined 2 dimension need 🙂  FYI - have some program names that are more that 50 characters 😕

Any suggestions?  

Thanks as always!

data_RN

1 Reply
heetu009
Contributor
Contributor

@data_RN wrote:

Hello All, 

I have a graph with really long headers that are from a calculated Dimension that uses a combo of two dimensions.  I have figured out how to truncate them so that they aren't flowing in the graph, but I can't seem to figure out how to wrap them into two lines.

Here is my calculated dimension: 

=([Program]& (' ('&[Stage]&')'))

I found one solution in a previous post with using this: 

=If(Len(Name) > 15, Left(Name,FindOneOf(Name,' ',3)-1) & Chr(13) & Mid(Name,FindOneOf(Name,' ',3)+1) ,Name) whats app

But I can't get it to work with one dimension, never mind my combined 2 dimension need 🙂  FYI - have some program names that are more that 50 characters 😕

Any suggestions?  

Thanks as always!

data_RN

labelWrap specifies whether to wrap or clip label once its width crosses labelMaxWidth. Default: true. Example: true, false. var chart = new CanvasJS.