Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y-axis (expression) formatting

Hi,

I have a line chart that looks like this:

qv04.jpg

How do you format the Y-axis to be of money type?  Example, I want to show $800,000, $600,00 and etc.

I've looked through all the tabs for the line chart and especially the Axis tab -> Expression Axes.  I don't see anything

relevant on changing y-axis to money.

Can someone help?

Thank you

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are 2 ways to do it:

1)Change the settings in the Number tab of the chart properties to Money and add $ in the Symbol box.

This adds $ sign on top of the y-axis and in the values on the data points.

2)Add value in the "Static Step" option under the Axes tab, this will internally take the option set in the Number tab ,if you select "Money" then this will show it in that format. Try putting values like 1000 under the static step ,i haven't tried it  for your data set but it should work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vivek,

Good suggestion.  But it only works for certain data scenarios (at least for the data I've).  When I pick different years,

the $ may or may not display because the data points are different.  The "static step", as the name implies, I am guess

it only works under certain range of values

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can write a dynamic formula too ,it need not be static

MK9885
Master II
Master II

It worked fine for me when I used /1000000 , '$#,##0 M' for Million.

But changing the Y axis all values to $ is not possible. Only possible way to show is as data points.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Luu,

I recommend you to go thorough the below link where kent has written a dynamic code snippet for the same.

In bar chart $ symbol can't be prefixed to the numbers in y-axis?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, thanks. I will look and post an update later.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also,take a look at the below link too

Currency and Other Symbols on the Y-Axis | Qlikview Cookbook