Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

YTD representation by month

I would like to represent YTD sales by month.

Fiscal Year    Month      Sales YTD

2016             Jan           Jan (Sales)

2016             Feb           Jan+Feb ( Sales)

2016             March        Jan+Feb+March (Sales)

2015             Jan           Jan (Sales)

2015             Feb           Jan+Feb (Sales)

It is rolling months addition but it should not be static. I can have any number of months. I would like to show Current month's data from Jan month till current month for particular year.

I have tried accumulative sum but its not working as I have more than one dimension. Rangesum is not working as I have do not have specific rolling period, it could be anything depends on the current month.

Help me !

Mugdha

19 Replies
psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

I would like to restrict people from selecting them in one chart and allow selection from the list box i have in the page in another chart.

Basically, if you could help me writing the below formula using a range sum it should satisfy my need.

=Sum({<Market={'A'},Region=, Area=, Product = {'ZZZ'},Year ={'2017'}, Month=>}Sales)

/

Sum({<Market={'A'},Region=, Area=, Product = {'ZZZ'},Year ={'2016'},Month=>}Sales)

Thanks.

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Vishwarath,

Thanks for the suggestion makes sense.

I already have a separate discussion for this. I will move/link this to that once i find a proper solution.

Regards

Sai.

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

Hello stalwar1

Just to be more clear, i want to pass multiple dimensions in the RangeSum expresson.

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

I tried with this formula, but didn't yield any result.

=Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(Sales), 0, RowNo())),Market=('A'), Region=, Area=,Product =('ZZZ'),Year=('2017'))

/

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(Sales), 0, RowNo())),Market=('A'), Region=, Area=,Product =('ZZZ'),Year=('2016'))

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to update this in your attached sample to show where you are trying this? Although I know it isn't working, but it will help me see what your dimensions are. What might further help is if you can tell me the numbers you expect to see within your chart

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

Attached my updated app. Also, included a few notes to clarify the issue.

sunny_talwar

See if this looks good

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

Perfect Man. Works exactly the way i wanted.

sunny_talwar

Awesome

psk180590
Creator III
Creator III

Thank You Very Much!!