Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

a bug in Qlikview

I am using QV 10.0 SR2, and I amazed found a bug in Qlikview.

1) The same one expression in different chart will get different result.

2) Changing the columns' position will get different result.

3) Deleting the other columns or not will get different result.

4) Changing the expression from Set Analyst to IF will get different result.

5) Selecting all the Package or non-selection will get different result.

6) Selecting the Institution or non-selection will get different result.

Please find attached the file.

Why? Who could explain it? Are there some bug in function Set Analyst?

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

As Torbjörn said in your previous post, you application seems to be all right. Following the steps you mention, the results are the same in all four charts. I'm using QlikView 10 SR2 build 8935.7 x64. When I change the Package, the four expressions change to the same value.

Anyway, since expressions are usually aggregation functions, and since the aggregation is done run time, the same expression may not return the same depending on the dimensions (level of aggregation). Think of this very simple example:

Sum(Sales)

Will not return the same values if the dimension is Customer or the dimension is Year. So with no better knowledge of your data model nor your charts, I didn't say this is a bug, rather than the expected behaviour.

Regarding the if-Set Analysis, they likely return different results. Set analysis is "computed" once for the whole chart, whilst if is computed rwo by row (value by value). If you are working with years, and your higher value is "2011",

Sum({< Year = {$(=Max(Year))} >} Sales)

Max(Year) in set analysis will be evaluated as "2011" in all cases.

Sum(If(Year = Max(Year), Sales))

Will likely return different values than the previous one, since the Max(Year) is evaluated in each row, and depending on your charts and your dimensions (a pivot table collapsed or expanded) the value for Year will change.

In all the other cases, selecting values, moving columns and changing selections, the results I get are the same. By the way, you are including file "QV_Config.txt" that is not zipped with the rest of the files.

Your expressions use BU and CBU so since they are different fields, results may vary. But it seems you are trying to avoid nulls in that field. It would be better doing that in the script.

Hope all the above makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica