Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

action date on chart based on max value

Hi 
I have a scenario

I need to show a image or bauble on the crash date which my sale are meeting the max value which is giving by end user.

here i want show image or bauble.

then based on action we need give one more image for action taking before crasing

Exapmle:

Crash date=2018

action =2 means we need to give before two years i.e 2016 a image or bubble

below is action is question mark and crash image is sales is reaching max value.

Capture1.PNG

Please do the needful

Thanks

Thiru

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks you so much.

This is the correct answer and it met all the requirements of my problem

Many Thanks for your help

Regards

Thiru

View solution in original post

27 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you looking for an expression or is this more like a visualization thing? I might not be able to help you with the visualization, but might be able to offer advice on the expression. I just need to understand what exactly is needed in terms of numbers and not so much in terms of action and things on the chart. Can you elaborate?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

sales is my values

Max is target which can set by the end user or customer

based on start data and end date the chart will show the years

based on Sales Annual Growth Rate the forecast data will vary (means it will increase i.e Sales+(Sales*$(Sales Annual Growth Rate))/100)

Action is some thing which end user will need to take steps before action years which this also end user will give

Now i want to know on which year the sales line is meeting the max value(because it may not exact value of max

ex:  max=100 and slaes is 99 and 103 105 like that,so only i asked about first sorted values)

Note:but first sorted values will work for column not for expression

1.i want that crash year date based on expression

2.and if possible any images or bubbles need to add that area as shown in the picture

If any clarification please let me know

Thanks

Thiru

sunny_talwar

Have you looked at Gysbert's proposed solution? It seems that his solution meets your requirement. Let us know if it doesn't and we can further explore.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I am  not able to see any attachment?

Thiru

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

At least i want to know hoe to get that crash date.

As discussed we are able to find the date using first sorted values if it is column it is working,but it is a expression it is not working

Thiru

sunny_talwar

Open this link to see a qvw attached to Gysbert's response:

Re: action date on chart based on max value

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your solution.It's working.For continuous that there is a variable called action which is input box in the qvw application.

This is same waht we are giving  cross mark for end user which is already you shown for crash date.

for example if i select 1 before one year crash date it need to show the cross mark i.e

one is for crash date (which is already done)

one is for before action months( i am looking)

Please do the needful

Thanks

Thiru

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I got he solution as per Gysbert Logic.It filled half of my requirement in the image which i uploaded is showing two images

1. crashdate(which is Gysbert Logic)

2.Question mark symbol which will before action years based on action input in the application.

Now how to know the date of crash of actual vs target?

Thanks

Thiru