Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

adding FY suffix to year field

Hi I have the following field in my script to work out the fiscal year. What I want to do is add a suffix of 'FY' to the years so for instance they would read 2013 FY. I believe this is achieved using the dual function but cant quite get it to work. My field is :

,If(Month($(vDateField)) >= 10, Year($(vDateField)) + 1, Year($(vDateField))) as FISCAL_YEAR

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sid,

if you need it as a dual, just append the text to the first parameter and the base number in the second.

Dual(If(Month($(vDateField)) >= 10, Year($(vDateField)) + 1, Year($(vDateField))) & ' FY',

If(Month($(vDateField)) >= 10, Year($(vDateField)) + 1, Year($(vDateField)))) AS FISCAL_YEAR

hope that helps

Joe

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sid,

if you need it as a dual, just append the text to the first parameter and the base number in the second.

Dual(If(Month($(vDateField)) >= 10, Year($(vDateField)) + 1, Year($(vDateField))) & ' FY',

If(Month($(vDateField)) >= 10, Year($(vDateField)) + 1, Year($(vDateField)))) AS FISCAL_YEAR

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joe it worked perfectly.

Not applicable
Author

no worries glad to help