cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

aggregating maximum value with set analysis

I have time based data that contains a few key columns as follows:

Time Stamp, device_id, status, latency, region, duration. Duration unit here is in seconds.

The status of the device could be in network or out of network.

The of status and duration indicate the status of the terminal, either in network or out of network and the duration simply shows the duration of that device either in network or out of network.

I'd like to create a chart showing total duration (in hours) of the device id when it is still considered in the network but the latency value is zero or blank. As it is reported periodically duration value keeps changing, so I'd like to select the maximum duration only for each device for each observation period.  Tried set analysis like below with max value but it is not working.

sum({$<latency={"=len(trim(terminal_latency))=0"}, [status]={'*IN*'},  duration = {$(=max(duration))},[device_id]>}[duration])/3600

What is the correct expression for this?  should this be better with advanced aggregation? Any suggestion? 

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Fikri,

Try this:

Sum(Aggr(

sum({$<latency={"=len(trim(terminal_latency))=0"}, [status]={'*IN*'},  duration = {$(=max(duration))},[device_id]>}[duration]),[device_id]))/3600

You will calculate max duration for each device_id

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I am still using personal version and unable to open the file. I wonder if it is possible to show the script and expressions used in the chart? and also a capture of the chart itself so that I can understand if it is what I am looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This expression is not showing any result although it shows OK.

Digvijay_Singh

Here is the script -

Source:

Load Date,

Time,

Timestamp(floor(Timestamp#(Date&' '&Time,'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss'),1/24),'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss') as [Time Stamp], 

[network id],

[area number],

customer_id,

type,

Status,

latency,

region,

rangesum(subfield(Duration,':',-1),subfield(Duration,':',-2)*60,subfield(Duration,':',-3)*3600,subfield(Duration,':',-4)*86400)/3600 as Duration

;

LOAD Date(Date#(Date,'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD-MM-YYYY') as Date,

Time,

[network id],

[area number],

customer_id,

type,

Status,

if(wildMatch(trim(Status),'*IN_NETWORK*'),replace(KeepChar(Status,'0123456789 '),'  ',':'),0)

as Duration,

latency,

region

FROM

[Data_Sample for qlik2..csv]

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Digvijay_Singh

Dimension -

Timestamp and customer_id

Expression

Max(Aggr(Max({$<latency={"=len(trim(latency))=0"},Duration = {">0"}>}Duration),[network id]))

Capture.JPG

I think expression needs improvement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this, i used Interval to show it into seconds.

Interval(Sum(Aggr(max({$<latency={0},[Status]={'*IN*'},[network id]>} Time),[network id])),'ss')

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Digvijay,

Actually I just want to have a simple one. So, in this case the dimension is just simply time, not necessary with customer_id.  What I want to see in the chart is the Total sum of maximum duration for each customer when the latency is null or blank. In other words, I just want to select the maximum value for each customer for that duration. If the selected time interval is hour, then select the maximum value for that customer within that hour and aggregate/sum with the max value for all other customers within that period. If the time selection is one, this will become the max value for one day.  

The x axis or dimension can be hour or day depending on the selection. I do this by selecting the predefined interval in the script.

Does this expression

Max(Aggr(Max({$<latency={"=len(trim(latency))=0"},Duration = {">0"}>}Duration),[network id])) do this job?

I was thinking something like:

Aggr(Max({$<latency={"=len(trim(latency))=0"},Duration = {">0"}, [status]={'*IN*'},>}Duration),[customer_Id] but not sure if this gives the result I wanted since some days show zero results where I know there are some values on those days.

Any suggestion?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Or this one - if I wanted to aggregate it by date

Max(Aggr(Max({$<latency={"=len(trim(latency))=0"},[Duration] = {">0"},[Status]={'*IN*'}>}[Duration]),Date,[Customer_Id]))/3600

The unit will in hour

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you seen my response?

Use this expression:

Interval(Sum(Aggr(max({$<latency={0},[Status]={'*IN*'},[network id]>} Time),[network id])),'ss')

If you want to see it in hours change ss with hh

Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI,

I did try this one with sample file and script from Digvijay. This is not showing any data regardless of ss or hh.

What is the dimension in this case?

The above seems  aggregating by network_id

I'd like to sum max value of duration with selected condition (latency is blank and customer in network) by customer_id over  period of time)