Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

binary load with hidden security code

Hi all,

Can we use binary load with hidden security?

I am using binary load to get data and it worked fine before I implemented hidden security.

It now shows an error and I believe we are not allow to have hidden codes when we binary load?

Is there solution to this problem?

Thanks !

Ryan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi,
the binary statement must be the very first statement in the script and cannot be preceded by any other statement, incl a hidden security-script. But it is possible to run the binary in the hidden script followed by section-access.
The application reading will inherit exactly the same security-settings as the original one, thus further restrictions can apply only on top of the previously read ones.

HTH

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

what do you mean by "hidden security" ?

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant the hidden codes for secuirty implementation

Not applicable
Author

The security codes are implemented using Section access.

If you check prohibit binary load in your original qvw then you just have to add a new section access in your application. Soi I don't really see where is the problem ?

Rgds

Not applicable
Author

First of all, my business requirement is to divide the original qvw into two files; datamodel qvw and front-end binary.qvw.

In addition, a binary file will be distributed to users and they can only see certain data according to section access and does not have access to back-end scripts. Thus, security code is hidden in binary file and admin or developers only can modify and manage datamodel files.

My problem is when I binary load from the binary file it creates an error message

"Unknown statement Binary datamodel.qvw "

And if I remove hidden codes, it works fine. So I need to find a way to binary load with hidden security codes.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi,
the binary statement must be the very first statement in the script and cannot be preceded by any other statement, incl a hidden security-script. But it is possible to run the binary in the hidden script followed by section-access.
The application reading will inherit exactly the same security-settings as the original one, thus further restrictions can apply only on top of the previously read ones.

HTH

Peter