Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

build snowflake schema in QlikView

hi

i want to develop QlikView solution for wholesale and retail company

the company have two departments the first sells medical products wholesale to pharmacies (use sql database for accounting and stock )

the second department are group retail pharmacies sell drugs to patients (use sql database for the accounting data and foxpro for the stock data )

i want to build snowflake schema to the business process in the company (the wholesale  and retail  departments )

the problem is that the requirements for the first dep different from the another ( they have the same business process )

how can i build the model to the top manager if i cant build DW in qlikview (i wont to build a data model for each department ) ?

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I suggest you start by searching around this forum for "data modelling" and other similar terms.  You are asking a very specific question that is difficult to answer without knowing your data and processes.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your reply

i have information about data modeling

the question in another word

i want to build snowflake schema for the stock data and i have two department the first use sQL DB and the another use foxpro DB "the requierment for each department different from the another "

can i do the ETL process in Qlikview to extract information from the two databases to feed the schema if i dont have DW ?

Not applicable
Author

Retreive the data from the data bases and save the result sets to QVD files.

Then develop a QVW that will load the QVD files and match the keys by using the same names.

That's it.