Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II

calculation using nested sum

Dears,

Can you advice on this calculation , what is wrong

=Sum(sum(

Sum(ACT_QTY_CLOSE) * Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE))

+

Sum((Sum(ACT_QTY_OPEN) *Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)) + (sum(ITEM_QUANTITY_PUR * ITEM_PURCHASE_EQUIVALENCE) * Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)))

-

Sum((sum(ITEM_CONSUMPTION)* Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)) + Sum(WASTAGES))

* ITEM_PURCHASE_PRICE)

any help please.

ecolomerrubenmarin

Message was edited by: Ahmad Kastero

19 Replies
rubenmarin

BTW, once the table shows the desired result you can easily transform to a bar chart, just check the 'invisible' option on the expressions tab for each expression except the one you want to show.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Ruben,

in the first sheet Recipe consumption all the calculation to convert all my unit from (Stock Room unit in DB) to see it in recipe unit and i validate all that with my DB .

the value that i use it to get the VALUED DIFFERENCE is all the column before the VALUED DIFFERENCE expression (

END.THE.QTY=([BEGINNING QTY] + [Purchase QTY ])-( [Theo.Cons.Recipe Qty] +[LOSSES WASTES] )

[BEGINNING QTY] =Sum(ACT_QTY_OPEN) *Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)

[Purchase QTY ]=sum(ITEM_QUANTITY_PUR * ITEM_PURCHASE_EQUIVALENCE) * Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)

[Theo.Cons.Recipe Qty]=$(vTheoretCons_Recipe)

==< sum(ITEM_CONSUMPTION)* Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE) >==

[LOSSES WASTES] =Sum(WASTAGES)

[END.ACT.QTY] = Sum(ACT_QTY_CLOSE) * Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)

[DEFFERENCE] = [END.ACT.QTY] - [END.THE.QTY]

)

all the above is to get the DEFFERENCE QTY and multiplied it with the Price

VALUED DIFFERENCE=[DEFFERENCE] * ITEM_PURCHASE_PRICE .

in this table is working fine but when i try to build the bar chart report only for VALUED DIFFERENCE over the Item as Dimension i need to calculate again all the above in one expression and  multiply it with the Price to get the same number as the table VALUED DIFFERENCE number ; but this is not working fine with me .

and the 'Theo.Cons.Recipe Qty' is a conditional expression, i use it to show only with the group in the Item level not in the branch level.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i do this and this is work in table but when i try to do it in bar chart in one expression it is not working fine.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i try to do fast change to chart and it's changed to bar chart but it shown all the other values and i check the 'invisible' option and i kept the  VALUE DIFFERENCE nothing appear in the chart.

rubenmarin

Hi Ahmad, I unchecked the conditional expression of [Theo.Cons.Recipe Qty] and changed the VALUE DIFFERENCE expression to "=[DEFFERENCE] * Avg(ITEM_PURCHASE_PRICE)". This is to allow the expression to return a value, if the table doesn't shows any value in this column it will not show any value in chart, so the first thing is work with the table so it returns a value for that expression

Checked invisible in all expressions but the VALUE DIFFERENCE and changed to bar chart. It shows the values of the table.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Ruben it is look working on the item level but when i put it on the branch level not calculated correctly i will investigate this.

i have 2 or 3 question :

1. what is the way to use like this nested calculation in one expression?

2.when i select like a small item that have small amount on in the negative value the bar size not changed, i thing because it take the same value from the table and not interact with the value selected to increasing bar size   ; is there is any way to solve this.

3. you use the AVG  to get the value ; but as i know this to get the Average of  any calculated number ; how it is work here.

and really thanks for help me on this .

rubenmarin

Hi Ahmad, usually the way to go is what Marcus said: using Aggr(). But your whole expression seems complicated to work with Aggr() (and I'm not uderstanding the logic behind... I lack of free time to deeply check .

About the current table, looking it by item the numbers seems more reasonable, you should review all the expressions. In example for the BEGINNING QTY it should be:

Sum(Aggr(Sum(ACT_QTY_OPEN) *Sum(UNIT_EQUIVALENCE), PURCHASE_ITEM_DESCRIPTION))

// This will do an independent operation for each item in the branch and then sums, and also works when you see it by items

To check incosistent values, add totals to all columns, select a branch and check if the values shown when you group by branch is the same value of the total when you see it by item.

About the questions:

1. using Aggr() or RangeSum()

2. Have you checked the axis values? maybe the bar looks the same but axis values have changed

3. I used Avg just to obtain a value, it wouldn't be to correct way to calculate the expression... sorry I don't have enough free time to try to understand the intended logic behind and how to obtain the correct values but as general comment you can't use the same expressions when you look by item than by branch, the general fix will be similar than the one I posted about BEGINNING QTY: using aggr to calculate each item separatedly, then sum the values returned by Aggr()

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ruben my friend thank you very much for your effort, i find way to do it in one expression .

thank you very much and i will post it soon.

jood_ahmad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

finaly i put in one expression:

=(Sum(ACT_QTY_CLOSE * UNIT_EQUIVALENCE) -

((Sum(ACT_QTY_OPEN * UNIT_EQUIVALENCE) + sum(ITEM_QUANTITY_PUR * ITEM_PURCHASE_EQUIVALENCE *  UNIT_EQUIVALENCE)) -

(sum(ITEM_CONSUMPTION * UNIT_EQUIVALENCE) )- Sum(WASTAGES)))* ITEM_PURCHASE_PRICE

rubenmarin

OK, I didn't tested but I think this wouldn't work when the first dimension is branch.

If it doesn't works for branch, as a quick test you can try:

Sum(Aggr(

Your_actual_expression

, ItemFieldName))

ItemFieldName: The field that identifies each different item