Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

chart help needed

Hi,

I have data in the qvw. I have to show bar chart based on the due days.

if days > 0 = red color in bar chart

if days = 0 = green color

if days < 0 purple colour on bar chart for that date

one day should show one line

can anybody help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I switched the approach to count the IDs

You need 3 expressions each with their own background color

1st expression:  count(   if (  Duedays<0, ID))      ( background color:   green())

2nd expression:  count(   if (  Duedays>0, ID))      ( background color:   red())

3rd expression:  count(   if (  Duedays=0, ID))      ( background color:     rgb(196,178,214))

and change the style of the chart to stack

also use 'DueDate' as the dimension

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

on the expression tab expand the + and enter the following for 'background color'

if ( Only (Duedays) > 0 , lightred(), if ( Only (Duedays) = 0 , green(), if( Only (Duedays) <  0,  rgb(196,178,214)) ))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your quick reply, in the above example it is not showing if days = 0 = green color remaining 2 conditions are working. If i select DueDays as '0' no preview is showing. Please help me.

Thanks,

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

on the presentation tab, uncheck 'supress zero values'

but.... since the bar will have a value of 0 it will have no height ! and you won't see any color !

Not applicable
Author

May be because when 0 days, chart element is too small to be seen and also, even if you uncheck 'supress zero', you won't see the color, as there is 0 as value.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, I have not mentioned my requirement clearly,

Example  i need 3 colors in 1 days Example i have data like this

2361, -4, 11/09/2014
2362, -20, 11/09/2014
2363, 25, 11/09/2014
2364, 0, 11/09/2014

In the above example i need to get 1 bar chart with different colors + value with purple -Ve vale with Red and 0 value with green.

Please help me. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Bar length is Zero to color up. So obviously you cant see.

Thank you

Suraj

Not applicable
Author

Hi Suraj,

thank you for the reply.

I need bar on Count of the Records (if same date 5 records, e.g. 2 positive, 2 negative, 1 with zero; then the bar should show as below for that date). And the colour is based on due days.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonthan,

Any help?

I need bar on Count of the Records (if same date 5 records, e.g. 2 positive, 2 negative, 1 with zero; then the bar should show as below for that date). And the colour is based on due days.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Can any one help?