Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

colour on dimension when missing value in first column

Hi,

does anyone have an idea how to have all the dimension rows colored in case there are some missing values in the first column of expression? 'if' on background color does not help in such case. Example attached.

Appreciate your help.

J.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Are you looking for something like this?  I have used an if statement in the background colour, so I'm not sure if I've hit the nail on the head or not.

Let me know if this is correct or not.

Regards

Steve

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Disable the Suppress Zero-Values option. You will get zeros in your table, but every dimension value will get its color. If you don't want zeros shown you can change the number format of the expression on the numbers tab. Select for example the option Fixed and use this format string: # ##0;-# ##0;-. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

J

On the Presentation tab of your Pivot Table, untick 'Suppress Zero-Values'.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

The problem is that with my real data i am getting an unnecessary column with no name and values = 0. Suppression doesn't help to remove it.

J.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

J

It worked fine with your sample qvw, could you share a qvw that demonstrates your real data and issues therein ?

Best Regards    ,Bill Markham

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Are you referring to the 'Q' column?  If so, this field is required to break down your quarters, unless you set up a different expression for each quarter.  Alternatively, set the text colour on the header to be =white() and collapse the column as much as possible.  There is no 'Suppress Header Row' within Pivot Tables though.

If you are not referring to column 'Q' then an example would help us to help you.

All the best

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Did you get an answer to your question?  I'm having the same problem.

Thanks.