Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

combination of alternate states

Hi,

There are two listboxes (listbox 1 and listbox 2) in my model with two different alternate state: S1 and S2.

I'd like to set listbox 3 which will influence both listbox 1 and listbox 2.

Can I set an alternate state for a listbox as a combination of S1 and S2?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Let's say that there's a field Month (Alternate State = S1). The task is to transfer selection made in S1 to S2 automatically.

1) download the field Month twice: as Month and Month2

2) assign a trigger action (on select) to the field Month in Document Properties/Triggers

This trigger action consists of two actions:

- Clear field Month2 (Alternate State = S2)

- Select in field Month2 (Alternate State = S2). Use the expression: ='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {S1} chr(34) & Month2 & chr(34), '|') & ')'

Larisa

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Larisa

Can you please try the following and tell me if it works?

In your S1 listbox, change the field name to Expression and add the following as the expression, changing the field names accordingly:

=aggr(only({$<ProductName=$::ProductName>}ProductName), ProductName)

Thanks

Agis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thank you for the answer! But it seems a bit complicated. I've just found another solution which implies tranfering a selection made on one state to another state by a trigger action.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Larisa,

Could you share you method I mean steps How you achieved It.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Let's say that there's a field Month (Alternate State = S1). The task is to transfer selection made in S1 to S2 automatically.

1) download the field Month twice: as Month and Month2

2) assign a trigger action (on select) to the field Month in Document Properties/Triggers

This trigger action consists of two actions:

- Clear field Month2 (Alternate State = S2)

- Select in field Month2 (Alternate State = S2). Use the expression: ='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {S1} chr(34) & Month2 & chr(34), '|') & ')'

Larisa