Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianG75
Contributor
Contributor

complex filter

Hi there,

i don't know how to reach a special selection.

Ive got a table that looks like the attached file. Actually its the answers to a questionaire. some questions were skippable, others were not. I want to filter for valid entries, that is entries that, have answered at least a specified set of the questions. 

I want only the entries (Lines) where  there is an entry in Argument 2 AND if the entry in Argument 2 is 'yes' Argument 3 also has to have an entry.

If there is a blank in Argument 1 or 2 the line has to be excluded

A blank in Argument 3 is okay, as long as the Answer in Argument 2 is no.

If it is easier to integrate that selection in the script and only load valid entries in the first place that would be okay too, but not preferred

Thx in advance,

Christian

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It tends to be not possible - especially if the blanks are NULL's - respectively it's not sensible to try such selections within the UI - at least not directly.

IMO much better would be to make these checks within the data-model with counting the number of the (correct and/or depending) answers to flag the records as valide/invalide and/or going further to make a quality-scoring of them.

Of course this could become quite complex - not only in regard to the technically aspects else to create a proper evaluation-logic. But within the UI it won't be easier else rather the opposite ...

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It tends to be not possible - especially if the blanks are NULL's - respectively it's not sensible to try such selections within the UI - at least not directly.

IMO much better would be to make these checks within the data-model with counting the number of the (correct and/or depending) answers to flag the records as valide/invalide and/or going further to make a quality-scoring of them.

Of course this could become quite complex - not only in regard to the technically aspects else to create a proper evaluation-logic. But within the UI it won't be easier else rather the opposite ...

- Marcus