Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

complex heat map

Hi,

I have a mental picture of how to make a cool heat map - I made it in Excel but have no idea whether QV will support it. Attached on the first page is the excel data (both raw and relative). The second page is the desired output. The third page is a matrix convert of the raw data so that QV will read it.

Does anyone know whether this is feasible in QV?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you need to check the box that says 'Suppress when value is null' for that dimension.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Yes it is feasible

here is a video on how it can be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngwc_sLnRoI

Not applicable
Author

See attached.

Not applicable
Author

that's insanely cool that you did that so fast!! I'll try to replicate with my full data set and hopefully it will work. I will let you know if it does Thank you both for your help!

Not applicable
Author

Ok, it's coming together really well but I still have a couple of problems:

1. I have 2000 buyers in my real data set - I only want to show the top 5 by total discretionary spend.. is there a way to do that in this pivot?

2. I have 89 expenses in my real data set - I only want to show specific ones. Is there a way to filter the pivot to only show the ones I want to show?

Again - this is the coolest chart - thanks so much!

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

What version of Qlikview are you using?

Not applicable
Author

v11

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

So will this help, in your case the Dimension will be Buyers

Top_5.png

Not applicable
Author

sorry - I dont think there are dimension limits in a pivot? I figured that writing a calculated dimension may work but I couldn't get the syntax correct...

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Apologies

try this as an expression

IF(AGGR(RANK(SUM(Revenue)),Expense,Buyers) <= 5,SUM(Revenue))