cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadiaasghar
Contributor
Contributor

conditionally show or hide charts in qlikview

I have 2 gauges in my qvw and i want to show 1st one if these Projects are not  selected  i.e. 'Mogas Vol. (in M.Tons)' or 'HSD Vol. (in M.Tons)' or 'Lubricants Vol. (in KMTs) ' and want to show second chart if the above projects are selected.

Actually i was trying to create different segmentation range for these specific projects but that didn't work for me so i came up with this solution to conditionally show and hide different charts based on Project field value.

I am attaching qvw file for reference.

5 Replies
sadiaasghar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Kushal_Chawda  Please look into it.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

@sadiaasghar ,

Are users going to select always one project or they can select multiple as well? If yes (multiple), then what is your expected output?

sadiaasghar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I want to always select one value in list box. 

This expression is working fine for one sub-project but i want to show the lower gauge for all volume related project like Mogas Vol., HSD vol. and Lubricants volume.

SubStringCount( GetFieldSelections([Sub-Project], ';'), 'Mogas Vol. (in M.Tons)' ) <> 0 AND GetSelectedCount([Sub-Project])>0

sadiaasghar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@tresesco I want to always select one project. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Would it not be easier to just use the specific condition of the selection you want for the other chart having that chart overlay on top of the one you want to hide?  That way when the condition is not met, the other chart shows etc...  This way may be easier to get working I think, best of which I could think in regard to an easier way to go at things.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.