id1, name1, id2, name2, case

1, Tom,2, Jim, 400, 
1, Tom,3, Paul, 400
2, Jim,3, Paul, 400
1, Tom,2, Jim, 300
4, Mary,4, Mark, 400
5, Mary,6, Jane, 300

];

I need an expression to show in a dimension table only the result when I select case 400.

id1name1id2name2count(1)//if((id1=id2),id2,'')
if(match(id1,id2),id2,'')
1Tom2Jim1 

something like if id2 ( contains id1) maybe, but dont know how to do it.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Rafael, about the best I can do for you is point you to the Design Blog area where you can search for posts there that might help, I would have looked for you, but I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do here.  

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

If you have not searched the QlikView Forum for prior posts, that is the other thing I would recommend as well, as there may be one or two out there with suggestions etc.  This will kick the post back up, so someone else may chime in as well, but I wanted to give something to try to move it forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jmartineze
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello, maybe you can use a text object.

rafael5958
Creator
Creator
Author

Tried to modify my example so it could be more clear. Still dont know how to do it.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Rafael, about the best I can do for you is point you to the Design Blog area where you can search for posts there that might help, I would have looked for you, but I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do here.  

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

If you have not searched the QlikView Forum for prior posts, that is the other thing I would recommend as well, as there may be one or two out there with suggestions etc.  This will kick the post back up, so someone else may chime in as well, but I wanted to give something to try to move it forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Saravanan_Desingh

Can you please explain more on your requirement? Do you want to show the first row of 400, when you select 400? Sorry I can't understand your requirement clearly.