Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

count field with previous month

Hi

I 'm new to this tool and i need kind help seniors..... could u pls help me out

I am using Line graph and in my expression i hav to include this logic

I hav a date field "X" and i want to count "Y" with the condition that count should include X+ previous 6 month and my dimenion is also "X"

i tried this logic

count(DISTINCT(if(Date(X)<monthstart(AddMonths(X,-6)) ,Y))

'm getting wrong value when i look at the source data i dont know where exactly 'm running out of logic so guide me out seniors...

many thanks in advance

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try:

Count(Distinct {<X={"<=$(=monthstart(AddMonths(X,-6)))"}>} Y). If X is a number then change it to (num(monthstart...).

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for ur response but its showing 0 wt to do???

Not applicable
Author

Expression tat 'm using currently is tat

count(DISTINCT(if(Date(DisputeLog.DateofLogging)<monthstart(AddMonths(DisputeLog.DateofLogging,6))

and date(DisputeLog.DisputePeriod)<MonthStart(AddMonths(DisputeLog.DisputePeriod,6))

and DisputeLog.DisputeType<>'Information' and

DisputeLog.Source<>'DecMes' and

DisputeLog.Status='Completed',DisputeLog.LogId)))

my two date fields are DateOfLogging and DisputePeriod and few conditions.... if i select some month for eg..... Mar-2012 i want to show the count Mar-2012 + Feb-2012.....+Oct-2011  and if i select Apr-11 it should giv me the count again Apr-11 + previous 6 months data like dynamic one and 'm using same date field as my dimension i used ur expression its showing 0 value.... could u pls help me out?

Not applicable
Author

Try this:

For this to work ensure both your date fields are timestamps:

count(DISTINCT {<DisputeLog.Status={'Completed'},DisputeLog.Source-='DecMes'},DisputeLog.DisputeType-={'Information'},DisputeLog.DateofLogging={"<=$(=monthstart(AddMonths(Date(Max(DisputeLog.DateofLogging)),-6)))"},DisputeLog.DisputePeriod={"<=$(=monthstart(AddMonths(Date(Max(DisputeLog.DisputePeriod)),-6)))"}>} DisputeLog.LogId)

Regards,

Kiran Rokkam.