Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

counting of no. of days

Hello All,

I am counting number of days with networkdays() function.

Example: networkdays(min(orderdate), max(orderdate))

but this function also counting no. of days from those month as well which are not available for the selection.

I want to count only those days in which order has been given.

Is their any alternate of networkdays() function?

Regards,

Balraj Ahlawat

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What is the purpose? Do you just wanna know how many days there are? Then distinct count your orderdate.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Thomas,

I have just given the scenario.

I was counting attendance of the faculty where attendance date is similar to order date.

My purpose is here to show in a month how many times faculty have taken their session out of working days.

I am getting working days from networkdays(min(attendancedate), max(attendancedate)) as WrokingDays.

But this function also counting those days of month which are not available for selection.

See, if you suggest how to avoid those working days of month which are not available for attendance selection.

Regards,

Balraj Ahlawat

Not applicable
Author

If you wanna count days within your selection you should use set analysis i would suggest.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

It's basically counting number of days excluding 'Sat' and 'Sun' days. May be you can try like:

Count(If( WeekDay(DateField)<>'Sat' AND WeekDay(DateField)<>'Sun' , DateField)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I could do but this scenario need month to be fix but here months are changing w.r.t year...

Say, in 2012 no attendance in may and june but in 2013 there is attendance in may......

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes it is counting days excluding  'Sat' and 'Sun' days but your expression will count those values as well which are not available for selection.

Please read my scenario which I have have already posted...

Not applicable
Author

Try Interval rather than networkDays,

=interval(min(attadenceDate)-max(attadenceDate),'DD')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Harshal,

not working it is counting Sat/Sun as well in this case...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you want to go beyond selection scope, have to use Set Analysis, try like:

Count( {1} If( WeekDay(DateField)<>'Sat' AND WeekDay(DateField)<>'Sun' , DateField)

This will give you for all dates irrespective of any selection.