Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

counting of rows before and after crosstable load

Dear Qlikview Experts,

I had been stuck here for quite some time. Basically I have used a crosstable load in my script, then I realized the number of rows before and after crosstable load is different!

So before loading into Qlikview, I have 16 rows of data contained in txt file.

1.PNG

But after loading into Qlikview using crosstable, I have 92 rows of data in data model. My loading script is pasted below:

2.PNG

So my question is:

How can I count the total number of rows if all 4 fields (@12, @13, @14 & @15) contained null value over the total number of rows before loading into Qlikview? e.g. 2/16

Is there any way that I can achieve this outcome?

Attached sample qvw file and txt file for your reference.

Thank you for your time in advance!

Best Regards

QianNing

15 Replies
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Belloum,

I tested both of your expression syntax but it does not work.

For the number of null rows I should get 2 in return but it gives me ' 1 '.

For the number of rows when any fields contained data I should get 14 but it gives me ' - '.

Best Regards

Qianning

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

how did you test the value of that field ?

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Belloum,

I had just created a text object to test the expressions, but the number it returns is wrong

Best Regards

QianNing

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding here.

this:

=if(len(trim(@12))>0 OR len(trim(@13))>0 OR len(trim(@14))>0 OR len(trim(@15))>0, 1) as null_rows

you must put it on the script.

to test it on a textbox, you should do this:

=Sum(null_rows)

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

‌Dear Belloum,

Thank you for your clarification. I understood that putting it into the loading script will helps in getting the desired fixed data from the table. But i also hope it will changes according to the filtering in data model. That being said, if I just load @12, @13, @14 and @15 into my data model, then I create a lisbox for my date field, when I Select a different date, the number of null rows should change accordingly.

Best Regards

QianNing

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

‌Dear Rodell,

Thank you for your kind suggestion, it might works for this example, but next time when dealing with large amount of log files, I am worried that there will be multiple unique data rows generated on the same timing.

Best Regards,

QianNing