Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II

create rows for missing dates

I have a table with rows for each procedure performed on a patient during inpatient hospital visit (Account Number). I need to add rows for days that the patient did not have a procedure so that I end up with at least one row for each day, starting with the patient's Admit Date and finishing with the patients last Procedure Date. Here's an example of one patient's procedures. The yellow rows are what I need to add.

I've created a calendar that fills in the missing dates but I can't figure out how to get the missing dates on one row with the Account Number.MissingProcedureDates.PNG

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can generate the rows in your procedure table in the load script by using WHILE in the LOAD statement to iterate and generate all dates between the Admit Date and Procedure Date with a script similar to this:

DATA0:

LOAD

[Procedure Date] AS PD, // Helper field so the original real Procedure Date can always be referenced

[Procedure Name] AS PN  // Helper field so the original real Procedure Name can always be referenced

INLINE [

Admit Date,Account,Procedure Date,Procedure Name

2018-01-26,A,2018-01-28,ABC #1

2018-01-26,A,2018-01-29,ABC #2

2018-01-26,A,2018-01-31,ABC #3

2018-01-26,A,2018-02-06,ABC #4

2018-01-01,B,2018-01-05,DEF #1

];

PROCEDURE:

LOAD

[Admit Date],

Account,

Date(If( Peek('Account')<>Account, [Admit Date]-1, Peek('Procedure Date'))+1,'YYYY-MM-DD')    AS [Procedure Date],

If(  If( Peek('Account')<>Account, [Admit Date], Peek('Procedure Date'))+1 <> PD , '' , PN) AS [Procedure Name],

PD,

PN

RESIDENT

DATA0

WHILE

If( Peek('Account')<>Account, [Admit Date], Peek('Procedure Date')+1) <= PD

;

DROP TABLE DATA0;

DROP FIELDS PD,PN; // Drop helper fields