Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator

currency conversion on section access

Hi,

How to change the currency automatically for the entire dashboard if the region of the dashboard is different.

Or how can I change the currency for different user based on section access

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like this:

Untitled.png

Untitled 2.png

Untitled 3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As Tresesco explained, confirm the currency types and use row level security of section access. Use the reduced currency field in the format of num fucntion.

HTH

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

hi tresesco,

thanks for the reply. I want to convert the whole data into other countries currency. Exchange rates are on daily basis. so if user 1 is US and user 2 is UK. user 2 should see all the region data in pounds. how can I achieve this? currently the data is US$.

Gautham.

Anonymous
Not applicable

load this Currency Exchange Table (US Dollar) - X-Rates into web file loader in QV and reload.. you will have a table

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Add one more column to hold the conversion rate like:

Untitled.png

And change the expression to like:

Num(Sum(Sales)*ConvRate,Currency &'#,##0.00;'&'Currency'&' -#,##0.00')

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

as conversion rate is not fixed and it changes everyday...still it work?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you load the updated conversion rate daily, it works. ... Somewhere, you have to provide qv the data, otherwise qv is not that intelligent . If you wish to input the data at the front end, you can do that too. In that case, you have to store the input in a variable and use that variable in the expression. Hope that makes sense.