Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cycle expression

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to get the cycle expression lable?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible unfortunately. For dimension groups there's the getcurrentfield function, but there's no corresponding function for expression groups.

An alternative would be to create an inline table in the script with the expression labels and create a listbox for that new field. You choose an expression by selecting the label name in the field. You'd have to replace the expression group with an expression that uses the selected name. Something like this: pick(match(only[ExpressionLabel]), 'Label1','Label2',...etc), sum(X), max(X), ...etc)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible unfortunately. For dimension groups there's the getcurrentfield function, but there's no corresponding function for expression groups.

An alternative would be to create an inline table in the script with the expression labels and create a listbox for that new field. You choose an expression by selecting the label name in the field. You'd have to replace the expression group with an expression that uses the selected name. Something like this: pick(match(only[ExpressionLabel]), 'Label1','Label2',...etc), sum(X), max(X), ...etc)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Another way I have tried this is to enter your axis text on the Numbers tab in the "Symbol" input box. For example,

First expression enter "Invoice Count"

Second expression enter "Avg Invoice Amount"

Third Expression "Total Invoice Days"

You can then manually move the cycle button by the axis text using Shift + Ctrl + drag.

One thing I have found is that you cannot use line breaks in your "Symbol" field since it will only display one line.