Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

data is truncating in qlikview report

Hi All,

I have a column in qlikview report whose data get truncated due to column length. Report is based on qvds & qvds fetching data from DB2 tables.

Say:

Column Data in Table:

south africa is ranked sixth out of the world's seventeen megadiverse countries, with more than 20,000 different plants, or about 10% of all the known species of plants on the Earth, making it particularly rich in plant biodiversity. the most prevalent biome in south africa is the grassland, particularly on the highveld, where the plant cover is dominated by different grasses, low shrubs, and acacia trees, mainly camel-thorn and whitethorn. vegetation becomes even more sparse towards the northwest du to low rainfall. there are several species of water-storing succulents like aloes and euphorbias in the hot and dry namaqualand area. the grass and thorn savannah turns slowly into a bush savannah towards the north-east of the country, with denser growth. there are significant numbers of baobab trees in this area, near the northern end of the kruger national park. the Fynbos biome, which makesup the majority of the area and plant life in the cape floristic region one of the six floral kingdom.

Column data in report:

south africa is ranked sixth out of the world's seventeen megadiverse countries, with more than 20,000 different plants, or about 10% of all the known species of plants on the Earth, making it particularly rich in plant biodiversity. the most prevalent biome in the south Africa is the grassland, particularly on the Hightveld, where the plant cover is dominated by different grasses, low shrubs, and acacia trees, mainly camel-thorn and whitethorn. Vegetation becomes even more towards the northwest due to low rain

Thus data is getting truncated in report. Can any one suggest what could be the workaround for this?

thanks ..

3 Replies
kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am having the same issue. I exept it as one of the many failings QlikView has with the report offering. I assume you are using a Text Object? Best advise is to increase the size (trial and error). If you are using a Straight Table - what I do is in the Presentation tab is increase the "Wrap Cell Text" to the highest number to accomadate the field with the most text.

Not pretty I know, whish there was a more "elegant" work-around too.

Hop this helps!

kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am having the same issue. I exept it as one of the many failings QlikView has with the report offering. I assume you are using a Text Object? Best advise is to increase the size (trial and error). If you are using a Straight Table - what I do is in the Presentation tab is increase the "Wrap Cell Text" to the highest number to accomadate the field with the most text.

Not pretty I know, whish there was a more "elegant" work-around too.

Hop this helps!

Not applicable
Author

We have hit this issue too.  Very disappointing.  It's not such a major issue when using the product online as you can hover over the cell to view the truncated data, but if you are trying to generate PDF reports it's a major limitation.

Please vote for this idea (you might need to copy and paste the actual link text into your browser, as this site seems to break the links to the ideas pages when rendering them):

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2032