Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Word Wrap single dimension in table chart

Hi

I have a chart which includes a notes field in a table of quotes. Some notes fields are blank while others have up to 200 characters. If I use the standard Wrap Cell Text in the multi line settings it forces all records in the table to have that number of lines. I want the record to expand only if the notes requires it and otherwise to remain as only a single line.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks

Kevin

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Kevin

I don't think so, but there is a request for this feature in the Ideas area, so I suggest that you go there and add your vote of you have not already done so.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

We have hit this issue too.  Very disappointing.  It's not such a major issue when using the product online as you can hover over the cell to view the truncated data, but if you are trying to generate PDF reports it's a major limitation.

Here is a link to the idea (you might need to copy and paste the actual link text into your browser, as this site seems to break the links to the ideas pages when rendering them):

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2032