cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted variable keeps coming up

Hi experts,

I am deleting a variable, save the qvw, and run it from the publisher. As soon as the task runs completely the variable is again created in the qvw. What could be the source? Varibale is not being updated by any spreadsheet. I am wondering where I should look for the source that keeps creating deleted variable.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

QlikRajan,

we are hunting for a system created variable then:

QvWorkPath

Returns the browse string to the current QlikView document. A system-defined variable.

I believe you can't delete this variable.

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If the variable is being used in the load script, when it runs from the publisher, it is recreating it.  At the end of your load script, you can set them to null so that they do not reappear.

For example:

SET YourVariableName =;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, that variable is not being created in loadscript. I have checked load script many times. When the document runs from publisher, it appears. I don't find any trace for that variable in log file.

Nicole-Smith

Can you post the load script or log file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

please find attached.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried clearing the document state from access point (right click on QVW icon on access point)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have not deleted but will it have such impact if I directly open the application? I am not opening from access point. I try and taste.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are not opening the QVW from access point, i.e. you are using the desktop client, but the variable will still show up again

Are you using any macros?

Nicole-Smith

I can't find anything in the script that would be creating it either.

Are there any macros in the document?  Or a variable trigger set on open?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With your Publisher I presume you reloading it in a Source Folder and publishing it to User Folder.

When you manually delete the variable do you delete it from the qvw in the Source Folder ?

If you delete it from the User Folder only, then on reload & publish the qvw from Source Folder [which has not had the variable deleted] will get reloaded and copied to your User Folder and your variable will reappear in the User Folder qvw..