Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

error : out of virtual and/or logical memory, allocating 32 mb

i have got this error sometimes. i check it internet and qlik community but i couldn't any solution about that. when i reduce my data count error gone, but my datas increase everyday. my data obtain 2 qvd file, one of them has 53.559 rows, 9 columns, other one has  81.750 rows, 28 columns right now.

what can i do about this problem.

thanks for your help.

3 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Would you mind sharing more information?

• QlikView Personal / Server
  • Machine configuration
  • QlikView version
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In most cases, this error is caused by either a bad link in your data model or an incomplete association of fields in a User Interface object. From your post I deduce that you get this error when QlikView starts to recalculate a very specific table or graph. For example, if there is not a perfect association between your two tables, displaying data from both in the same straight table will force QlikView to create an almost-cartesian product that eats all memory.

In addition to the information Clever Anjos requested, posting your document in this thread would considerably speed up detection of the real cause.

Peter

consenit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi there.

In my experience this error is almost always caused by insufficient RAM to load the data. You can *sometimes* solve it by increasing the amount of virtual memory on Windows but chances are your data model is too big for your hardware.

Kind regards,

Ernesto.