cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

error when distribute the document on named users in qlik publisher

Hi all,

Am getting this error when distribute the document on named users in qlik publisher ,please can any one help me on this.

Here named users are odbc user i have loaded into the server.

The task "Reload and Distribute of Applications\LLO Section Action.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> System.Exception: l_FileSystemPluginHelper exception ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers || at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper) || at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients) || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, String i_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Boolean i_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileType i_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer) || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile, UnifiedHubSettings unifiedHubSettings) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, Dictionary`2 offeredDistributionList, String fullNtfsPathToFile, UnifiedHubSettings unifiedHubSettings) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

rwunderlich techvarunstalwar1 swuehl kenphamvn

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ya i have 2 odbc connections in that the 2nd odbc connection having which am adding users to distribute document and another thing is when i use 1st odbc connection users to distribute document is working fine but when i use 2nd odbc connection it is getting failed.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And in the Distribute tab, you are able to add users from the 2nd ODBC directory, but when QDS tries to distribute, you get these errors?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes right this is what is happening extactly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

both services folder and qvw folder having only administrator account as common and remaining are different accounts.there is no service account is assigned to service folder.so can you tell me the which account to add which folder.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What are the labels of those directories? Look in Configurable ODBC->Your directory entry->Settings->Directory Label.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And also this: do the users that you listed in the Distribute tab still exist in the correct Configurable DSC directory? QlikView will fail with a message like the one you posted if for example a domain has disappeared or users have been wiped from AD without clearing their entries in the Distribution list.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The directory label names are SQL,TSQL in this TSQL users are not distributing for document