cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator

excel formatting

client has a few reports each needs a specific format that's not available in qlikview. I tried to manipulate the object around and could not give them the exact result. how do I apply excel formatting on top of qlikview export?

do I write a macro/vba and 'pass onto excel' when user hit the action button it will apply automatically?

I looked up a couple products:

1. NPrinting has a huge license. I downloaded it a while back but decided not to move forward with the solution. so trial license expired. and org isn't going to purchase a new feature without fully understand that it can resolve a substantial issue

2. QVExcel, great concept, except I don't have access to server, so no excel reports using this.

any other suggestion?

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you don't use Qlikview Server then all your users must be using Qlikview Desktop. In which case you can use a macro to do the formatting in excel. Basically your macro code will start Excel and create an Excel document, then export the data from your Qlikview document to the new Excel document. Next you can format the cells of the Excel document. You can find an example here: http://community.qlik.com/message/280287#280287. There are more examples so if this one doesn't help use the search feature to find more. Or search the internet for vbscript code for formatting excel documents.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand