Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

exclude function for dimension

Hi all

I have a fields in straight table and i want to exclude some values in dimension dynamically.

fields like

ABCcount(A)
applered31
ballgreen41
catyellow31
dogwhite21
elephantash51
foxorange11

now if i enter any value in input box it should not visible in the straight table

example :

if i enter apple,ball

it should not appear in the straight table

30 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Use this as expression:

count({1-$}A)

Now create a listbox and select the values which you want to exclude from straight table

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for your reply

my requirement is different..

user will enter some values in input box now i dont want to show those values in straight table.

then automatically count will be adjusted right

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i want to write exclude condition to the dimension values in a straight table and those values also change in dynamically

user will give input those values through input box

input values shouldn't appear in the straight table

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Is this what you're looking for?

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i have used =if( not Match (A ,'apple'), A) this function but it is not satisfying my requirement

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

user want to remove some values

if he removes a value in field A  then entire horizontal values need to remove in straight table

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Does my file not do that? When you type something in the input box for any of the dimensions it removes that entire row from the straight table on the right. I saved it with the input box already filled in, if you remove the input from the input box you'll see the rows re-appear in the straight table.

Or did you want them to be gone permanently?

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

no for temporarily only

i want to find the count of values in a field but sometimes user wants the count of values without his selection

and he wants to hide all the data in the straight table

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III
Author

count({1-$}A)

this expression is working as expected but initially i want to show all data but it is showing count =0