Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoillBIQlikSense
Contributor
Contributor

export to excel file does not pick all the records

Hello. I am new to qlikview. I am extracting a report by filtering the dimensions and export to excel. However the drill through results does not pick all the filtered rows.

1. Is the a way to view a number of rows in qlikview before you export the rows to excel?

2. What could be causing this, besides the logic in drill through report and Analysis ?

Thanks Elly

2 Replies
AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

Most Likely the number of rows in Excel are being exceded - to get the number of rows, you could do a simple set analysis and apply the same conditions you are using for filtering .

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Elly, to the other poster's comment, have you checked that you do not have another sheet in Excel with the rest of the data there?  I believe things should wrap from what I recall, so check that to be sure that is not what is happening.  Just an FYI, if the export is more rows than Excel will handle, we change the file to .csv in those cases instead of .xls or .xlsx.  

In order to provide anything further, would really need a sample application/QVW with the issue, so I could play around with things myself to try to figure out what is going on for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.