Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

field selection

I have two fields LAG_DP and LAG for both the fields the values are 0,1,2,3. The requirement is that ,

when LAG =0 is selected the other field LAG_DP should change to 0 automatically .Similarly if lag 1 is selected lag_dp should change to 1 and so on.

selection will happen only lag and not on lag_dp

how to achieve this

can anyone tell me how to achieve this

Thanks

Sriram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

U need to create a temp table. u can check the attachment.

Thanks,

Partha Kulkarni

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can anyone suggest me how to do the above mentioned changes ?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

How are these fields associated? If you have scope of changing the assocciation, you can simply create a table like:

Load

LAG_DP,

LAG_DP as LAG;

Load LAG_DP Inline [

LAG_DP

3]

Not so? I guess by now you would realize that you have to explain a bit more about your scenario.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Both lag and lag_dp are determined in a different way in the script. Both are fetched from different sources. Only the values in both the fields lag and lag_dp are same.

These fields if we associate then there could be lot of changes in other parameters in the report.

This is because only lag is selected certain parameters will get computed and will the show the values .lag_dp is used for various other parameters for computation.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

So they are not associated, right?

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

They are not associated . They are found from different qvd;s and different sources. Just wanted to know if the values in the field lag is selected will there be effect in lag_dp?

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

U need to create a temp table. u can check the attachment.

Thanks,

Partha Kulkarni

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Dear Sriram,

When I say association, it means if they are connected in data model. It doesn't matter where they come from. If these fields are not linked, selection in field would not affect in other field. This is why sharing a sample of your qvw helps people here understand your case and help precisely, otherwise, most of the conversations would pass by understanding the problem rather than concentarting on thge solution. Try to share a sample that would actually be equivalent to many to-and-fro replies.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks very much on suggesting the approach , Its working as expected. thanks

parthakk
Creator II
Creator II

You are welcome