Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

filtering data out of a dataset but retaining certain values

Apologies for the vague description.

I have a single table which is read into QlikView as a facts table (see attached)

it combines resource availability data by day with project assignment data by day, with details about the resources/projects

a new attribute has been added to projects to show if the project is likely or committed.

The qlikviww app shows resource capacity/availability, so a graph on the first page  represents the daily assignment hours and daily capacity after the assignment hours have been deducted from the availability.

thats bit is simple enough and working.

the trick now is to include a display of which assignments are on llikely projects,

again - simple..

BUT, if I want to filter out likely projects and just show committed... it also acts to remove capacity information (as this is not linked to a project, and therefore the selection of a likelihood forces the data to reduce to only rows that include that value)

I'm rambling now.

What I need is to be able to select 'Committed' from the likelihood selection box, and for ONLY the resource likeli value to be removed - but the availability data to stay.

Can anyone suggest how I might do such a thing?

I need to remove it and also remove it from the capacity expression also.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have worked this out now.

I decided that rather than using a regular list box for selection, i'd use an input box that sets a variable.

I then used the variable in my cheet object expressions, et voila!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I have worked this out now.

I decided that rather than using a regular list box for selection, i'd use an input box that sets a variable.

I then used the variable in my cheet object expressions, et voila!