Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II

flag type data expression

Hi

i have two data feeds into qlikview; one is actual theatre data the other is the session data.

they all link together to report what actually went on in each session.

i have consultant fields in both; but the consultant in the actual data might not be the consultant whose session it was; and also there could be two consultants that perform in one session.

So i have to use session consultant to get me the performance within a session.

I am calculating the % of time spent within a session but i need to view this by session consultant - becuase I am calculating anaestetic times recorded in the actual data i cannot view this sum by the session consultant - is there a way i can?

expression:

sum(($(AnaesDurationFromStart)))/sum($(SessionDuration_Used))

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you share the actual structure of the tables involved? Some sample lines from each would also be very helpful.

As a first hint you might benefit from having three tables: Theatre (dimension), Session (fact) and Consultant (dimension).

You should be able to retrieve anaesthetic times even if they are in the Theatre dimension without problem. QlikView's associative functionality will do that as long as you link the two tables correctly with a key field. The key field should be TheatreID. You might have several rows in your Session (fact) table for each session. How to link the Session to consultant should be via a field you could name ConsultantID.

Lastly using $() in the expression is probably not the right thing for you to do - if you are trying to refer to fields. Unless you have the field names stored in two variables...

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks i have shrunk and scambled my app hope i havent shurnk it too much?

the dimensions are linked by sessionID, im not very good with all this dimension stuff; i cant see how it all links to pull it through correctly

thanks