cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

foreign language issue

Hi

Need your help,

I am having a dimenssion say ABC in this ABC there are the data text which are in foreign languages(e.g. Japan, China and so on) and in English as well .

While uloading the data in QVW this texts are showing as a square box, not able to recognize them.

Could you please provide me any resolution on this how to show them in their repective language?

e.g. オートデスク it is showing as [] [] [] [] []

Note: English text should be show as in English.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

As Gysbert points out, you need to load the data correctly, i.e. with the 'Utf8'  or 'Unicode' switch. Then you also need to choose a font (in the list box) that is able to show unicode characters, e.g 'Arial Unicode MS'.

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you load from text files (.csv, .txt, ...etc) then you probably need to specify utf8 as character set.

TestTable:

LOAD *

FROM test.csv

(txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Other options if utf8 doesn't work are unicode and CodePage is N. You can find a list of code pages here.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

!!! No Luuck!!! I have tried by uploading the file with CSV format also specify the ut8 as character set but still it is not working.

FYI i am uploading the data from QVD & excel.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

As Gysbert points out, you need to load the data correctly, i.e. with the 'Utf8'  or 'Unicode' switch. Then you also need to choose a font (in the list box) that is able to show unicode characters, e.g 'Arial Unicode MS'.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Henric

It got resolved.