Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

formatting issues based on set analysis

hi

i am working on a report in which i am creating a pivot table. in the pivot table the dimension used is hardcoded means is being created using an inline

. now in that table i am evaluating 12 different expressions as different columns and theses are like p1,p2.......p10.

p11= p10-p9 .

here i have to hanlde two situations.

1) where value is negative it must be red

2) instead of negative sign, () it must be used...for e.g  -22 should be displayed like (22)

the other major challenge is for a particular row i have to show value upto two decimal places and for all others it must be an integer.

i have been able to do it in the all colums except p11.

i am using expression 

if

(((p1-p2)),'#.#'),p1-p2)
and if(p2>p1,fabs(p1-p2))

buts its nt wrking...plz help

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

For the red in case of negative values, go to the chart Properties, Visual Cues, select the expression and set a 0 en "Lower <="

For the negative format instead of -22 to be (22) go to the chart Properties, Number tab and select the expression. Note that there is a box named "Format Pattern". Set it to

#.##0;(#.##0)

in those expressions you want to change format.

However, formats cannot be conditional, so you will have to either use a If() condition in the expression to switch between integers and decimals using Num() or format document wise the field you want to be displayed with two decimals in Settings menu, Document Properties, Number, or format it in the script.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thnx Miguel for your help...

but the major challenge is to show the value for a specific row ,upto two places after decimal and then implemnting all these changes.