Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaraiMoH
Contributor II
Contributor II

getfieldselection from an indirect field

Hi! I'm struggling with some dates because I need to show the month and year on drop lists so that the user can select the dates to analyse. I want to get the indirect selected field (date) according to the user's selections of year and month.

Here's an example of what I want to do:

Indirect getselectedvalues3.jpg

Once the user selects the year and months I want to save into a variable the "dates" (not real dates is just a field called date in my base which contains the year and month in numeric value) related to the user's selections. So far I got to save the year and month selections into variables by using the getfieldselection but since I won't have a drop box with "date" field I want to find a way to save the possible values (white ones) into a variable.

If I apply getfieldselection it doesn't throws anything because they are not being directly selected.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Define the variable :

=Concat(Date, ',')

The leading = sign should be part of the definition.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Define the variable :

=Concat(Date, ',')

The leading = sign should be part of the definition.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein