Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

help with section access

Dear all,

I' ve this simple section access in my application, but it doesn't work

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, COUNTRY

ADMIN,  *     ,   *,      MYSERVER\QLIKVIEW,

ADMIN,  *     ,   *,      MYSERVER\UQLIK_EI ,

USER,   *     ,   *,      MYSERVER\USA_USER, USA

The document is on the server and I access it by access point.

If I access it by the USA_USER, I see the USA information selected, but if I push the CLEAR button,

the user sees the whole set of data.

If I access the document by an admin user, I see the whole set of data and it's correct.

I would know what I'm doing wrong

Help please

Thanks !!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Did you checked the "Initial Reduction Based on Section Access" checkbox in the Opening tab in the Document properties?

If you are not using USERID and PASSWORD, I think you can remove both fields from the Section Access table.

JG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you checked the "Initial Reduction Based on Section Access" checkbox in the Opening tab in the Document properties?

If you are not using USERID and PASSWORD, I think you can remove both fields from the Section Access table.

JG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Juan Gerardo,

you are right. Just one thing: I noted that my admin users don't see the whole set of data, but all the records where country is blank. What I' ve to do in order to let admin users to see all the information ?

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

I think that if you put the selection field in the same table that the users, you should put an asterisk in the country column for the administrators. If you put Blank, this is a value, and you should put * for all values (blank and others).

I prefer to have separate tables, like this example:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Juan,

I'll follow your suggest and I'll inform you abot the result.

You mentioned two tables: could you explain to me how I should manage them ? I always saw one table only for section access. I think  your approach is much better and I would like to realize it: do you have an example or a link where I can get something more ?

Really thanks !!

Not applicable
Author

SECTION ACCESS;

////Security Table with User Information

SecurityTable:

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME,          USERID,          PASSWORD,          SERIAL,          ACCESS

*,                    ADMIN,          QPASS,                    *,                    ADMIN

qvservice,          *,          *,                              *,                    ADMIN

*,                    INGRID,          *,                              *,                    USER

*,                    ERIK,          *,                              *,                    USER

*,                    MARIO,          *,                              *,                    USER

*,                    MANAGER,*,                              *,                    USER

*,                    OLDUSER,*,                              *,                    NONE

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

STAR IS *;

Security_Data:

LOAD * INLINE [

USERID,                    OfficeCountry

INGRID,                    FRANCE

ERIK,                    SWEDEN

MARIO,                    USA

MANAGER,          *

ADMIN,                    *

];