cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vignesh_s
Creator
Creator

hi

in pivot table i tried create a sum(LineSalesAmount) with dimensions 'CompanyName' and Calculated dimension i.e., =class(num(OrderDate-$(vDate)),$(varWidth),'dt') as 'Date Range'  but im not geting ,i created a variable called 'vDate' and its value i given as '=Today()' and varWidth =30,i added ClaenderObject by using vDate and inputbox using varWidth,  can any give solution for this

class.png

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

First increase the width of the Date Range column in the pivot table so you can see what values are being calculated in that dimension.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vignesh_s
Creator
Creator
Author

its not in date format

class1.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure, Why you want to create one more thread hi,,,,about class()

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, no. If you subtract two dates then you get the number of days between those dates as a result, not a date. Can you explain what you're trying to do?

vignesh_s
Creator
Creator
Author

in that i not mentiond my problem clearly so i created new thread

vignesh_s
Creator
Creator
Author

i was practicing an exercise in image below(2 images) about classIMG_20171206_150225_HDR.jpgIMG_20171206_150202_HDR.jpg

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That exercise can't be right. The class function will never give the output in the pictures on the right page.

vignesh_s
Creator
Creator
Author

oh ok,thank you

what expresion should i use to get date in class function