Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

hideing rows

hello,

i have a straight table with 2 dimensions and multiple expressions. on the 3rd column i have an expression that can be either 0 or 1.

i need to hide all the rows in this table which have a 0 value on the 3rd expression

any ideas?

thanks!

9 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Properties -- > Presentation tab

Show / Hide column

Capture.PNG.png

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In all expression columns, force a NULL value whenever this 3rd column evaulates to 0. The rows will disappear automagically.

For example, this could be expression in column 2:

if (Column3 <> 0, Sum(WhateverNeedsToBeAdded))

Peter

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to include the expression of the third column in an if statement of the other expressions (or in a calculated dimension). For example for column 1: if( column(3) =1 , sum(SomeThing) )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

sorry, did not read the question correctly!

I would go with Gysbert's suggestion.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, my trick uses column labels instead of column indices. Continues working if you start moving around your expression columns. "Column3" or whatever you choose is the label of the column with expression 3.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the reply. the problem here is that the third column is a function of all the other 10 columns in the table...

is there a way to achieve this using dimension limit?

thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Dimension limits uses the values of the first expression. So you'd have to move the expression in the third column the first position. Or make a copy of it, move it so it becomes the first expression and then hide it (on the Presentation tab). In the Dimension Limits you could then choose to show only values greater than the exact amount 0.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

i tried that, but i keep getting the "allocated memory exceeded" error.

i have 2 dimensions in the table. i'm using qlik version 11.2

any ideas?

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

a sample application might help, if possible.